BREAKING: Water Rocks! has new openings available in our 2018-19 Water Resources Internship Program!
Have an interest in the environment, conservation, and agriculture, particularly water and soil quality? We are seeking college graduates to join the Water Rocks! team for a 12-month paid internship, starting September 2018. The ideal candidates will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong communicators, enthusiastic, and have a sense of fun!
Interns’ time will be split between research and outreach, all centered around environmental issues and challenges in Iowa. Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work with two exciting Iowa State University education and outreach programs:
o Water Rocks!, focused on youth outreach, and
o Iowa Learning Farms, focused on farmer outreach
• Help children and adults better understand environmental and agricultural issues
• Travel throughout the state of Iowa with the fleet of Conservation Station trailers
• Develop strong oral communication skills
• Contribute to water and soil quality research projects in ISU’s Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
• Gain technical skills related to environmental science, soil and water quality through both field and lab research
Applications close on August 17, with interviews to be scheduled during the last week of August. We look forward to seeing some stellar applications as we search for the next rock star member(s) of our dynamic team!