Have an interest in the environment, conservation, and agriculture, particularly water and soil quality? We are seeking undergraduate student interns for our summer 2019 Water Resources Internship Program who are self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong communicators, enthusiastic, and have a sense of fun! Interns’ time will be split between outreach and research, all centered around environmental issues and challenges in Iowa.
Visit the 2019 Water Resources Internship Program webpage for additional information and complete application instructions. Applications close Thursday, January 31 at 5:00pm.
Summer interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work with two exciting Iowa State University education and outreach programs:
- Develop strong oral communication skills as you help children and adults better understand environmental and agricultural issues
- Travel throughout the state of Iowa with the fleet of three Conservation Station trailers
- Contribute to water and soil quality research projects in ISU’s Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Gain technical skills related to agricultural and biosystems engineering, environmental science, soil health and water quality through both field and lab research
Highlights from the 2018 Water Resources Internship Program.
How to Apply:
Required application materials include:
- PDF Resume (Be sure to include your GPA, major, and previous work experience)
- PDF Cover Letter (Tell us what interests you about this internship and why you’d be a great fit!)
Internship application deadline is 5:00pm on Thursday, January 31, 2019. Please submit your complete application package to Liz Juchems via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.